The Virtual Home of TreeSprite & Friends
Rules | FAQ | Search | Members | Register
Groups | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

The Grove

Take flight on the wings of your imagination and become yourself. Reality is what you make it.

Word Association Topic Locked Forevermore!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TreeSprite's Grove Forum Index -> Stones of Knowledge - Announcements & Rules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TreeSprite
Nymph (Admin)
Nymph (Admin)

AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 7:24 am     Reply with quote
Post subject: Word Association Topic Locked Forevermore!

I regret to announce that I'm not at all able to fix the errors contained within the Word Association topic. Why is this, and how did this happen you ask? Well it happened because several people were playing in the Far Meadow and they were all excited and happy to play, and they were all rushing to take their turn to word associate, amongst playing other games as well, and well... when they'd delete a post, and someone would post at the same time as a deletion took place, or just after.... Well at any rate the forum got confused and I've got one treant who is being visited by the Wellness Willow every day because he's rooted himself to the spot, and become nearly petrified in the process. He is still mumbling about how the whole thing got confusing in the first place and he's trying to figure out where it all went wrong. I personally have given up. I have an enormous headache from the whole matter and I couldn't find the source of the persistant error, and I refuse to tax myself any further. Suffice it to say that this unwillingness to hurt myself over the error is why this topic is being created. Surrender, Give up

I am therefore starting a new thread as a continuation of the game. However, before I do so, there are some new rules I wish to lay down for the playing of this game as well as the others that are similar in nature to it, which includes the following games:

The guy above me...
The Good, the Bad, and the Yo Momma!
Er......A Game!?
C3 and DS Agent Association Game
Around-the-world C3/DS

Here are the new rules:
1.) Do not delete any posts.
2.) If you see that you or someone else has posted at nearly the same time as you and you are the last person to post, you should edit your post and answer the person above rather than the person you answered earlier. If you cannot think of an answer, or you find that you have been sandwiched between two other posters and for you to answer at all would be ridiculous, then simply edit your post like so [edit]skip me please[/edit]

These rules have been placed in effect because of the popularity of these games and because they are games in which the posting of the next person depends upon the posting of the person directly beforehand. Any game which is created in future with this sort of post dependancy should be assumed to also have these rules.

You can find the new post for the Word Association Game here: Word Association Game (cont.)

Last edited by TreeSprite on Mon Jul 28, 2003 5:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top TreeSprite
The groves were God's first temples.
~William Cullen Bryant, A Forest Hymn~
Danikat
Sage
Sage

Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 9:03 am     Reply with quote
Post subject:

Thankyou for trying! Smile

The new rules sound like a good idea and will hopefully stop things like this happening again.
Back to top You can run like a river, Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black, And keep on going in your dreams
And you know all the long while, It's the journey that you seek
It's the miles of moving forward, With the wind beneath your wings
Kat_05
Sage
Sage

Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 8:32 am     Reply with quote
Post subject:

Ya fought a good battle!
Back to top If a woman possesses manly virtues one should run away from her; and if she does not possess them she runs away from herself.
Serafina13
Tree
Tree

AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 4:20 pm     Reply with quote
Post subject:

Applause Bow
Back to top *munches bamboo*
TreeSprite's Grove Forum Index
Stones of Knowledge - Announcements & Rules