The Virtual Home of TreeSprite & Friends
Rules | FAQ | Search | Members | Register
Groups | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

The Grove

Take flight on the wings of your imagination and become yourself. Reality is what you make it.

Global Evolution Observation or GEO, the new Creatures GWR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TreeSprite's Grove Forum Index -> Stones of Knowledge - Announcements & Rules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TreeSprite
Nymph (Admin)
Nymph (Admin)

AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 8:15 pm     Reply with quote
Post subject: Global Evolution Observation or GEO, the new Creatures GWR

In case anyone missed it the Global Evolution Observation GWR is ready for new members. The GEO is set to start on Feb. 9, and if you wish to join, then please read the rules, and get yourself ready a.s.a.p.!

The Global Evolution Observation wolfling run will be run with the idea in mind that we will be closely observing the norns for any changes. We are looking for any changes that will be interesting to creatures enthusiasts, and will be reporting to the other members regularly to keep them informed as to how the creatures are behaving, and whether they are capable of surviving in the environments that we individually set up. The name GEO was chosen for it's multifaceted implications to this experiment. The moderators of the experiment have agreed upon the idea that all of the worlds should include environments that will easily support the learning and evolution of the creatures. Environment is felt by the moderators to be the key to evolution, and we wish to support that idea to the fullest. GEO members should be comfortable with this idea as well.

The GEO forum is a private forum that is available for posting only to group members (Anyone can read it though). If you wish to join the GEO you must first join TreeSprite's Creatures Grove Forums. Please join the main forum with your current username, and then request to join the GEO. To join the GEO you must do the following:

1.) Click the Groups link in the green nav bar at the top of this page.
2.) Look for Non-member groups under the Join a Group Header.
3.)Select Global Evolution Observation from the drop down menu on the groups page and click the View Information button.
4.) Click on the Join Group button to request membership to the group.
5.) After clicking the button to join you should be presented with the following message:
Quote:
You have successfully subscribed to this group.
You will be notified when your subscription is approved by the group moderator.
6.) Wait for the group moderator to approve your request to become a member. You will receive an email at the email address registered with the forum when your membership is approved.
As with all groups and forums here at TreeSprite's Creatures Grove the basic forum rules should be followed at all times.

Last edited by TreeSprite on Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top TreeSprite
The groves were God's first temples.
~William Cullen Bryant, A Forest Hymn~
Tigger89
Tree
Tree

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 8:22 pm     Reply with quote
Post subject:

Oh, that's what is was! Mr. Green
Back to top "Live every day like it's your last"
-Matthew Brann
Items of no Interest weblog
MysticFalcon
Seed
Seed

Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 9:01 pm     Reply with quote
Post subject: Just a thoughts on reporting......

Because of the way I work and my life in general I am not sure I can keep up with "required" reporting. It sounds like work, and I have enough jobs. I can make reports but not adhere to specific guidelines because of my schedule. I tend to leave my worlds run a long time, when work and my personal life is busy. Some days get so crazy that a world can run up to 48hrs with an occasional reboot of the computer, when I am home, in the morning and before bed. Other days I have an entire evening to play. I do take time to observe my creatures but on a more spread out basis.

Just a thought Hide

MF
Dark_Psycho202
El Stupido Supremo
El Stupido Supremo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 9:02 pm     Reply with quote
Post subject:

hmm...my gut instinct was right yet again...this is awesome...Im waiting to get set up so I can post my username i use for GWR and the like! WEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Back to top The Dark Psycho, Dark Prince of Psychotopia
"...For Truth, Insanity, and the Psychotopian way of Life!"
Visit us at The Republic of Psychotopia
Danikat
Sage
Sage

Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:14 am     Reply with quote
Post subject:

Weird, just when I was looking for something new and diffrent to try this comes up.

Ill join. I should have plenty of time and can't wait to get started. Im already running through possible ways to set up my world and record all the info I need to.

Edit: Thankyou for giving me a much needed reminder of why Im at university. Spending the past month revising for exams on the sturcture of compunds and membranes and things left me wondering wether it was worth it.
Seeing this and how exited its gotten me reminded me Im doing it so I can do stuff like this all day every day.
Back to top You can run like a river, Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black, And keep on going in your dreams
And you know all the long while, It's the journey that you seek
It's the miles of moving forward, With the wind beneath your wings
TreeSprite's Grove Forum Index
Stones of Knowledge - Announcements & Rules