The Virtual Home of TreeSprite & Friends
Rules | FAQ | Search | Members | Register
Groups | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

The Grove

Take flight on the wings of your imagination and become yourself. Reality is what you make it.

New Halloween Forums Changes - Credits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TreeSprite's Grove Forum Index -> Stones of Knowledge - Announcements & Rules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Corwyn
Elf (Mod.)
Elf (Mod.)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:30 am     Reply with quote
Post subject: New Halloween Forums Changes - Credits

The new Halloween Theme Set for the Grove is brought to you by the number 13 and Cthulu.

Of course there are others who contributed greatly to the changes wrought here and they must needs be credited. I will now therefore list the credits for all of the elements you see here.

Halloween Grove Banner
Copyright Tombachilius Trollop Hoppenshlopper elsewise known as the talented and artful Bug (with a very small bit of assistance by our Lady of the Grove TreeSprite) - Our sincere gratitude and thanks to him for a very scary job well done! Applause [Edited by TS] - to comment with extra thanks.

As Corwyn has said my part was very small, all I did was fumble around darkening the Grove in the background, and then whine that I was having trouble getting what I wanted out of the banner. I then sent the original psd to Bug when he took pity on me and offered to help. Considering that he saved me hours of frustration, I'm sure that we can't thank him enough but I'm going to try!

Color Scheme, CSS, Template Editing, and Layout
Courtesy of many hours of sweat, dedication, headaches, and general sleeplessness of Co-Admins Brayen and TreeSprite.

Theme Testing and General Kibitzing
TwilightCat, Bug, Anga, and RuneSage.

Thanks
Thanks must be given to Cthulu without whom this idea wouldn't have even been born.

[Edited by TS] - to add special thanks.
Special Thanks
Our very special thanks must be given to Corwyn for his dedication to helping with this theme. He gave up his time normally spent with me, his free time spent away from his children, extra time spent caring for and feeding by myself and his three children, and tolerated the many hours of longdistance charges from Illinois to Oregon while Brayen I collaborated our thoughts minds and efforts into making and testing this very special theme. Thank you Corwyn! Applause Applause

Halloween Pumpkin Smileys
Copyright October 2002 by Andrea Hubacher of YaBB Board Smiley Sets! - Our thanks to Andrea for making such fine smileys.

Halloween Pumpkin Smiley Installation/Transplantation
Kindly provided by Co-Admin Brayen. - Our thanks to the hardworking pig for those! He spent several hours recoding and rearranging many of the smileys so that the pumpkins would have plenty of room to grow on everyone.

The Black and Orange Row Headers, and Black Widow Spider Header
Created by TreeSprite.
BlackWidow Spider - provied free of charge by Maryann Sterling.

Forum Icons
, , - Provided free of charge by Hide of ico.
- provided free of charge by Awesome ClipArt for Kids!and Edited for use in the Grove by TreeSprite.

Announcement and Sticky Icons
, , , - provided free of charge by Awesome ClipArt for Kids!and Edited for use in the Grove by TreeSprite.

Topic/Thread Post Icons
, , , , , - Provided free of charge by Hide of ico. and Edited for use in the Grove by TreeSprite. Flames on the Hot Folder icons were brushed in by TreeSprite.

Post and Reply Buttons
, - Spider and Skull images provided free of charge by Hide of ico.. Original post reply icons were taken from the SubRed template created for use with phpbb forums by SubBlue Design. These items were mashed together for use in the Grove by TreeSprite.
, - Cats pictured on the buttons are Cat Fancier's Association Champion Bombay Cats. In order they are - Best of Breed GC, BW, RW Shadowland's Savannah, and Third Best of Breed GC Timari's Dark Angel. The Photos are Larry Johnson. Original post reply icons were taken from the SubRed template created for use with phpbb forums by SubBlue Design. These items were mashed together for use in the Grove by TreeSprite.

Post Notification Mini Icons
, , - Bat images provided free of charge by Hide of ico.. Original minipost notification icons were taken from the SubRed template created for use with phpbb forums by SubBlue Design. These items were mashed together for use in the Grove by TreeSprite.

Private Message Folder Icons
, , , - Provided free of charge by Hide of ico.

[Edited by Cthulu] - To add an extra award.
Extra Sneaky/Rotten Stinking Tattletale Award
This is to give proper credit to Kat_05 for her sneakiness in nosing into the business of the Admins.Razz Ya Rotten! Razz Happy
Back to top Ye have enemies? Good, good! That means ye've stood up for something, sometime in thy life....
~ Elminster of Shadowdale ~
Danikat
Sage
Sage

Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:25 am     Reply with quote
Post subject:

Yes Thankyou to everyone who made this possible. Smile
Back to top You can run like a river, Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black, And keep on going in your dreams
And you know all the long while, It's the journey that you seek
It's the miles of moving forward, With the wind beneath your wings
Tigger89
Tree
Tree

AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:17 pm     Reply with quote
Post subject:

Wow, it looks cool! I just about fell off my chair when I saw it. Tongue
Back to top "Live every day like it's your last"
-Matthew Brann
Items of no Interest weblog
UncleAsriel
Sapling
Sapling

Status: Somewhere in Canada, trying to prevent the Old One from returning. Just not where you are.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 6:35 pm     Reply with quote
Post subject:

I love this Halloweenish feel...it makes me wish I could frolick in the moonlight on silken-black wings...

Thanks to you, Bug, for the awesomely well done banner; thanks to you, TreeSprite and Corwyn, for this great design; thanks to all those who tested and glitch-hunted the forums for any nasty gremlins; thanks to all those who helped supply images and other resources for this marvellous project; and finally, thanks to The Dread God, Cthulhu, for coming up with a concept that only arcane genius from Beyond Space can fathom! Thank you all! Ia, Ia!

[Edited by Cthulu - Look, I don't know where you got your information, but I am NOT the literary creation of H. P. Lovecraft! I'll have you know that this bugger Lovecraft had a run in with me long ago, and he fled in utter terror after wetting himself. You should also know that the only reason he escaped being eaten is that at the time I wasn't in the mood for soggy food!]
~I am the Emperor of overly long posts!~
Kat_05
Sage
Sage

Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:04 pm     Reply with quote
Post subject:

Mr. Green Thankyou, Cthulu! I would also like to give my thanks to all who helped create this beautiful scenery. However, I had a great help. I shall not reveal this acompliss (they may wish to be hidden), but suffice to say that withoutthis person, I would have been as oblivous as anyone else!!! Bag
Back to top If a woman possesses manly virtues one should run away from her; and if she does not possess them she runs away from herself.
TreeSprite's Grove Forum Index
Stones of Knowledge - Announcements & Rules